Americans enjoy more than three billion barbecues each year. But barbecuing can be dangerous, even deadly, if you are not careful.
The following tips can make your grilling experience safer:
- When ready to barbecue, protect yourself by wearing a heavy apron and an oven mitt that fits high up over
- With gas grills, make sure the gas cylinder is always stored outside and away from your house. Make sure the valves are turned off when you are not using them. Check regularly for leaks in the connections using a soap and water mix that will show bubbles where gas escapes.
- Barbecue grills should be kept on a level surface away from the house, garage, landscaping, and most of all, children.
- For charcoal grills, only use starter fluids designed for those grills. Never use gasoline and use a limited amount of starter fluid. If the fire is too slow, rekindle with dry kindling and add more charcoal if necessary. Never add more liquid fuel or you could end up with a flash fire.
- Be sure to soak the coals with water before you put them in the trash. Always remember that grills remain hot long after you are through barbecuing.
Source: Insurance Information Institute; http://www.iii.org/
Everyone's Home Insurance needs are different. If you would like to have a free quote or Home Insurance evaluation, we would be delighted to talk with you about your individual insurance requirements. So, give us a call us at 770-339-0447. We can walk you through the steps to ensure you have the right coverage. We’re here to help.
We are located in the metro Atlanta area in Lawrenceville Georgia. We serve the entire state of Georgia. We are conveniently located near the Mall of Georgia in the Buford, Duluth, Suwanee, Braselton, Lawrenceville, Grayson and Loganville area.