If you’re looking to beef up coverages on your Georgia auto insurance policy at a reasonable rate, the Personal Automobile Plus package* from Auto-Owners Insurance can be purchased at $30 for a semi-annual policy or $60 for an annual policy. To be eligible for the package, at least one of your cars or motorcycles must be insured for bodily injury liability, property damage liability and either comprehensive or collision coverages.
The package enhances coverages that are already available:
• Personal property coverage – increases coverage from $200 to $500.
• Increased transportation costs** - increases coverage from $25 to $100.
• Loss of use by theft coverage** – increases coverage from up to $20 per day/$600 in one occurrence to provide up to $50/$1,500.
• Non-owned trailer physical damage coverage** – increases coverage from $500 to $1,000.
• Supplementary payments coverage – increases coverage from $250 to $500 for bail bonds, and from $100 per day to up to $250 per day for the loss of earnings and reasonable expenses.
• Deductible amendatory – if two or more of your automobiles are damaged in the same event, we will apply only one deductible.
It also provides additional coverages you may need:
• Identity Theft Expense coverage - provides up to $15,000 for expenses related to restoring your identity.
• Trip Interruption coverage – provides up to $500 ($600 in Virginia) for expenses incurred.
• Automobile, Stereo, Video & Media coverage – provides up to $1,000 for automobile stereo and video devices, and up to $200 for the loss of DVDs, CDs or other related items.
• Cellular Phone or 2-Way Communication Device coverage – provides up to $500 for loss or damage to your cell phone, GPS units, etc.
• Re-Key coverage – provides up to $250 if your keys are stolen.
• Rented Automobile Gap coverage – provides coverage for the amount for which you are liable if the rental car company decides to sell a vehicle that was damaged while you were renting it.
We will be happy to help you evaluate your car insurance to ensure that you have the coverage that you require. Contact us if you are interested in having this comprehensive coverage for all of your vehicles. We look forward to working with you!
*Package not available in NC. **Coverage not available in VA.
Note: The analysis of coverage is in general terms and is superseded in all respects by the Insuring Agreements, Endorsements, Exclusions, Terms and Conditions of the Policy. Some of the coverage mentioned in this material may not be applicable in all states or may have to be modified to conform to applicable state law. Some coverages may have been eliminated or modified since the printing of this material.