It goes without saying that keeping yourself and your family healthy through the winter months in Atlanta can be a challenge. When you combine chillier temps, housebound days – not to mention kids passing around colds at school like they’re playing “Hot Potato” – you can end up spending most of the winter under the weather.
No matter how many inherent seasonal risk factors you face, there are ways to prepare for and get through the season virtually unscathed. At Cowart Insurance, we wish for you a happy and abundantly healthy winter, so here are a few tips to help you stay well and enjoy!
- Consider ‘sticking it’ to the Flu. Flu shots seem to be available at practically every drug store or pharmacy in metro Atlanta. Discuss with your doctor the pros and cons of flu shots for yourself and your family.
- Get some zzz’s. Prioritize getting enough sleep – or taking a quick nap – despite your busy schedule. Sleep is essential to health and healing.
- Good Hygiene. Frequent handwashing with soap and water will go a long way to reduce the amount of germs that travel on your hands. Many recommend the use of hand sanitizers to minimize the spread of the flu.
- Fill the fridge. It’s easy to allow your pantry to start looking like a sweet shop with Valentine's Day nearing. Take care to stock your refrigerator and cabinets with healthy snacks and ingredients for balanced meals. Think fruit, nuts, lower-calorie snacks, veggies and lean proteins.
- Keep moving. Despite the many temptations to just relax and stay out of the cold, don’t give in to being a couch potato. Get to the gym or yoga studio, go for a walk, jump on the treadmill or dance. The important thing is to just move!
For any further questions or assistance, please contact our office. You can also learn more about our Health Insurance products or get a free Health Insurance Quote online today! We are happy to help you with your Health Insurance questions. Call us today!
There are no comments yet.